QPILATES owner & Instructor
In 2003 I started practicing Mat Pilates as a client. After experiencing other disciplines such as yoga and martial arts, I discovered Pilates during my residence in Cambridge (UK). It was there where I decided to make my passion my profession and lifestyle. I started my studies at the Juice and Camyoga Pilates centres in UK but returned to Spain to complete my training in various Pilates Teacher Certification centres. Finally, after many years working in different studios, I decided to seek my own path, with my life partner, by opening the QPILATES studio (Barcelona). In 2018 we also opened QPILATES Torreón Badalona.
Additionally, for ten month over 2015 - 2016, I lived in Doha, Quatar where I learned from classic Pilates teacher Luz Lovern and had the opportunity to work in her studio LuzLife Studio.
i adapt classes to client Pilates knowledge and needs, including all levels.
Keep learning Classical Pilates from my Master Teacher Luz (LUZLIFE STUDIO, EEUU)
- Complete training of all apparatus and levels at Nature Pilates (Barcelona).
- Complete training of all apparatus and levels at Wellness & Energy (Madrid).
- Certified Instructor by Pink Ribbon Program as a Rehabilitative Breast Cancer Specialist (Madrid).
- Attended a course run by the creator of Doreen Puglini (USA) programme in Barcelona.
- Workshop Moses Urbano and Sandy Shimoda (Vintage, EEUU) at Pilatistic Old School (Tiana)
- Course of prenatal and postnatal Pilates, Akrostudio (Barcelona).
- Training Seminar Advanced Spine and Trunk, Resistance Institute.
- Introduction Course ERA, advanced training program in resistance at Resistance Institute.
- From 2013-2015 I volunteered 2 hours per week at GEPAC centre (Spanish Group of Cancer Patients) in Barcelona, running the Breast Cancer Rehabilitation Program. Following the closure of their centre, I personally ran the Pink Ribbon Program project in themy own studio QPILATES studio.
Pilates and Low Pressure Method Instructor with more than 30 years of experience in the sector, including experience of working in multiple environments, group classes, personal training and administration and management of specialized sports centres.
Advanced knowledge in sports pathology (Pathology, human morfophysiopathology and pathology of the back).
Can adapt classes to suit client needs.
Practicing Pilates for a long time as a hobby, my passion has transformed into my way of life since 2015. Formed in the classic Pilates in all teams and in specific cases such as pregnancy, physical disabilities and injuries. Interested in sports and my own physical health and those of the other project, with enthusiasm, my knowledge to my students in all sessions, both private and group, guiding them in their progression in this exciting method.
- Currently, I am Pilates Instructor at QPilates, Barcelona.
- Pilates Monitor in ModeVite Pilates Method and Osteopathy.
- Pilates Monitor at the Barceloneta Civic Center
- Monitor in Fitness room in Esportiu Rocafort, giving directed classes in Spinning and Aerobics
- Pilates Level I, II and III Certification at the Peak Pilates school in Gavá Mar, Barcelona, recognized by Pilates International School.
- Study of the principles and foundations of Pilates, as well as anatomy, progressions and work techniques. Beginner level study of the different instruments: Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Silla and Barrel.
- Fitness in the Fitness room at the Orthos school in Barcelona.
- Training methods - Choreography
- General Anatomy - Functional Anatomy
- Breathing - Relaxation
- Foam Roller Seminar and Touch Techniques.
- Seminar of Osteoporosis and Work for the feet in Pilates.
- Stott Pilates applied to: rotational sports, Fitness Circle Flow, postural analysis, Mini Stability Ball.
- Akrostudio, seminar in Postural Analysis, programming based on postural patterns.
- Postpartum, Active Perineum and Pregnancy Seminar in Peak Pilates.
Chiromassage and reflexology specialist
• July 2012 Instituto Superior de Medicinas Tradicionales ISMET – Barcelona. Qualification in Thai massage.
• October 2011 Centro de Terapias Shanti-Swasthi – Barcelona. Reiki Level 1
• February 2010 Buda Inn (Centro Terapéutico Especializado) – Rubí. Facialtherapy Dien Chan level 1 Specialist
• 2006 – 2010 Instituto Superior de Medicinas Tradicionales ISMET – Barcelona.
- Sports massage therapist.
- Neurosedant Método RAT Specialist
- Foot reflexology specialist
• 1995 – 2001 Universidad Simón Bolívar – Caracas (Venezuela). Titulado Universitario en Ingeniería de Materiales.